A Modern Day Miracle

Hi - i just wanted to share a story of a miracle that happened to me last week - not a few years ago, but just this past Monday, December the 3rd, 2012.

An honest to God, true miracle - not really very large in the grand scheme of things, but REALLY big in my life - it made the difference between us staying in our apartment or being out on the street...really big in my life...you may think i'm crazy for trusting a total stranger, but it says in Hebrews 13:2 - "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels"...i'm pretty sure my miracle helper is a true, real person, but God used him last Monday, as an angel.

We moved from one province to a distant province in Canada, after several weeks of prayer and fasting, aided by the prayers of different ministries and friends. 

First, we sought the Lord for where to move, and after we got the revelation of the place, then we started looking for a place to live in that location. I finally had to drive out to find that place to live, because apartments were being rented out faster than i could dial the telephone...

Anyways, after obeying the Lord step by step, day by day, we are here now, and i have a job, but it took too long to get a job, so when the rent became due, my first pay was still a few weeks away...so, i sent more prayer requests in, desperate for breakthrough in finances.

It cost us everything to move out here, and even after borrowing money from my mom and dad, we still didn't have anything left - we just needed to trust God, because we couldn't ask our family for any more money - we really needed God to come through, because i'd told everyone that God told us where to go, so we were faithfully, patiently trusting God to provide - trying NOT to panic!

On Dec. 3rd, 2012, a total stranger was having conversation with me, and started talking to me about serving the Lord - when we talked about the cost of the call, the amount of sacrifice that is required to be given in order to be obedient, i agreed, wholeheartedly - he asked me what i meant by that, and when i said again that i understood sacrifice, the person that i was speaking with asked me again what i meant - i was feeling a little bit overwhelmed, and so i decided to trust this person, and told them my story - that i'd heard God's voice tell me which city we were supposed to move to, and so we'd been obedient, we'd moved, and now, here we were, in the city He'd called us to, with rent due 3 days ago, and very little food in the fridge.

This person looked me in the eye, and proceeded to tell me that he was the answer to our prayers...God had actually sent him to me, told him to speak to me, and God had told him to help me.

Needless to say, i was literally stunned...i actually think i was in shock...he asked what we needed, how much our rent was, etc., and then said he would come back to where i was that evening - and he would bring back a cheque for the rent, plus he would take me shopping for groceries.

I didn't know what to say. Really, i didn't.

The rent is almost $1,200 a month - rent in this area of Canada is expensive, to say the least, and so i was really shaken that someone would be willing to help us so dramatically.

When he said he would come back, i thought, "oh sure", and then i asked the Lord to forgive me, because i didn't want to be like Zechariah when the angel announced the birth of John the Baptist, and speak anything unfaithful!

...he left, and i quick called my friend on the phone to tell her what had transpired, and we were just absolutely in awe at the goodness of God...anyways, we prayed again, praying that God would cause him to actually do what he'd said he would do, if God had called him. We just continued to believe for a financial miracle, trusting God that if He had sent this man, that this man would come back, as he had said he would.

At ten minutes to eight p.m., the man returned, saying, "i thought you might think i wasn't going to come back, so i thought i would just come in and let you know i really am going to help you, and i really am real, and i will take you shopping.

After he left, the song that was playing over the public address system had a sentence in it that went something like: "...God sent me an angel, and that angel was you..."

There really are no words to describe how i felt, being in the middle of a miracle.

Ten minutes later, i went outside, and there was the man, waiting for me, to take me shopping - he really did take me shopping, walked along side of me in the store, saying, "are you sure you don't need...?...don't you want a bigger one, don't you like....?, etc..."

While i was shopping, still in the middle of this miracle, my roommate called me on the cell phone, and i said, "i'm in the middle of a miracle - i'll call you back later!!!!"

It was the most humbling, amazing, surprising, awesome, surprising, unusual experience i've ever been through...however, when i was done, i didn't spend all of the three hundred dollar limit that he had set for himself, and so he said, "i have some money left over for you, what else do you need?", to which i immediately responded, "is it too much to ask - i really need gas for my car, because i put my last $5 worth of gas in my car this morning?"

The man didn't seem surprised at all at my request, and said, "i really was thinking about gas, as you were shopping, but i didn't think that i had set enough aside for gas - of course, i will fill your tank with gas - just follow me after we take your groceries to your car, and we'll drive to a gas station, and fill up your tank."


So, i got in my car, and followed this miracle helper to the gas station, where he proceeded to fill my car up with gas, fill the windshield wiper fluid, and then pay for it all. All the while, you could have pushed me over with a feather.

Anyways - he followed me home, unloaded the groceries for me, and helped me carry them into the house - my roommate was absolutely stunned - speechless would not be inadequate to describe! We served our miracle helper tea, and visited with him for a while as we put our miracle groceries away, and then he left.

And we sat there stunned - unable to even put words to what had just happened.

All i can continue to say is this - PRAISE GOD!!! Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever, and He still does miracles, He still has servants on this earth, and some of them still obey His instruction!

There's actually more - the next day, at 12:45 in the afternoon, i met a lady, who handed me an envelope with $100 dollar bills in it!!

She said that God had told her a week ago that she and her husband were to help us, but she'd had to wait a whole week while her husband sought the Lord regarding how much they were to give - i won't say how much, but suffice it to say that it was an absolute miracle as well - i am awestruck - i'm "Surprised by Joy!"

It's been such a long time since i really saw the miracles of God in an atmosphere of faith, that i'm speechless. Praise God, HE IS GOD, and He still cares about me!

Thank You so much Lord. You are SO good. Thank You Lord for Jesus, for the precious Gift of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, for Your kindness, Your generosity, Your grace on our behalf! Thank You Lord. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

I bless you Lord, for your faithfulness to us, your people, your children. Bless you, bless you, bless you, bless your people, the obedient ones who still hear your voice, and obey.

Bless them mightily Lord, for their obedience, even thousand-fold return on their faith and trust in you, that they obeyed, and gave, and didn't ask for anything in return.

So, Lord, we just stand in reverent awe and amazement, and we say, truly, You are good, your mercies endure forever, and your compassions, they NEVER fail.  amen...

No comments: